Saturday 24 March 2012

17th January Buckenham Marsh Norfolk

(134) Work takes me to Norwich today so after leaving home at 5am to get to Norwich I stop at Dereham road to pick up the Waxwings posted on birdguides yesterday and sure enough they're still there which is great. After a few hours at work I find an hour in the afternoon to make the short trip to Buckenham. I'd picked up a Lesser White Fronted Goose here before Xmas so wanted to see if I could get lucky for the 2012 list. Had to walk around the reserve but I did locate it and a small group of WF Geese and Barnacle geese added four for the day. On the way home I took a pitstop in Fakenham to try for the Shrike again. I arrive to find a group of birders looking for it and they tell me it's not been seen for a while so I decide to walk on a bit and to my surprise I find it hovering over some hawthorn bushes so I call the crowd and they all get good views...Year list now (139)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home