Saturday 24 March 2012

January 2012



21st. Mandarin, Green sand, Siskin (in the garden) 22nd.STODMARSH for Glossy Ibis, Water Pipit and at last Treecreeper(I live a stones throw from Epping Forest and it takes three weeks to find a treecreeper!) My first trip to Stodmarch for years but i'll get back soon. Long walk for the Ibis but at the far end of the reserve two took flight from a ditch and landed close by giving good views. I located a water pipit but it flew before Jim caught up with me much to his dissapointment....i'll find him another soon. 24th. Stopped at Lynford on the way upto Norwich today and a ten minute stop rewarded me with a small flock of Hawfinch from the car. 28th. Up on the coast today to find out if the Snow Buntings are around the car park at Salthouse and guess what...yes they are!..loads of the little gems. happy days...I could watch them all day but work gets in the way of that! 29th...last day of the month and I decide to take my bro down to Hants as a birthday surprise...He adds Spanish Sparrow and Dark Eyed Juno to his year and life list....on the drive back I spot red kite over the M25 and ring necked parakeets in Staines and a stop at Staines reservoir rewards us with Scaup, Gt Northern Diver and Black -necked Grebe.

Total for the month of January now sits at 153..roll on Feb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home